How To Store and How Much To Store
“Now I think the time is coming when there will be more distresses, when there may be more tornadoes, and more floods...more earthquakes...I think they will be increasing probably as we come nearer to this end, and so we must be prepared for this”
Spencer W. Kimball
We are in the process of collecting wisdom from women to help us better prepare
Look back often as we will be adding more content.
We want your wisdom. If you would like to contribute, please submitSubmit Your Wisdom
Water Storage Guide
Other than oxygen, nothing is more important to your survival. The body uses water for digestion, transporting nutrients, building tissue, removing waste, and regulating body temperature, among other things. Without water, you would only last a few days.
- Use Only Food-grade Containers
- Clean, sanitize, and thoroughly rinse all containers prior to use
- 1 tsp. household liquid bleach to 1 quart of water
- Don't use milk jugs or non- food containers
- Water from a chlorinated source does not need to be treated
- Non-Chlorinated water needs to be treated with bleach
- To treat water use 1/8 tsp. (8 drops) non scented household bleach for every gallon of water
- Containers should be emptied and refilled regularly
- Store water only where potential leakage would not damage your home or apartment
- Protect stored water from light, heat and freezing
- Taste of stored water can be improved by pouring water back and forth between 2 containers
- Store as much water as you can.
- The rule for consuming water is drink what you have today and find more tomorrow. We can not survive without water. Not drinking enough water can cause more problem to your deteriorating health.
- At a bare minimum, store 2 gallons per person for 2 weeks. During an emergency, we become more thirsty. It is important to have adequate enough until water is restored or another source is found.
- If you don't have water, DON'T EAT! The body needs water to process foods. Digestion will dehydrate you and death comes sooner. You can live for 3 weeks without food, but only 3 days without water.
- Purify water by boiling water for 5 minutes
- Kill microorganisms with bleach. 8 drops per gallon. Wait 30 minutes to drink.
- Distillation of water by boiling water then collecting the vapor that condenses back to water.
Great Tools To Help With Water Filtration
Perfect for on the go in an emergency when boiling your water is not an option
Removes bacteria & parasites up to 4,000 liters (1,000 gallons) of clean and safe drinking water
Home Purification System
Stainless steel material, holds 2.25 gallons of purified water. Filters up to 6,000 gallons water.